Ecuador

Ecuador
Ecuador

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Finished Training!!! I'm now a Volunteer!

Hey everyone!
Sorry for the lack of updates but it's been a little crazy since the swearing in ceremony.  So I am done with training (or I have been for the last week).  I can't believe it's over.  It feels like these past three months have gone by so fast.  I still can't believe I've been in Ecuador for 3 months.  Sometimes it feels like I've only been here for three weeks. 
So swearing in was a huge mixture of denial, exhilaration, relief, sadness, and uncertainty.  All the normal things you'd expect from someone who is about to be shoved onto a bus to leave everything they know in Tumbaco for something completely unknown and uncertain.  I tried to tell myself that I was as prepared as I was ever going to be and there is nothing to do but close my eyes and JUMP into this new world and hope for the best....so far I feel as though I'm doing pretty well.
I really miss my host family in Tumbaco.  It was really difficult to leave them, they are such a wonderful family and the next volunteer who gets to live with them is sooo lucky.  I cried a lot the morning before I left and Marta (my host mom) did as well.  Which I was a little surprised about and made me cry all the more.
I hope everyone is well in the States...I miss you guys....Come visit....Be happy....
Family Appreciation Day.  Marta (mi madre), Mayri (back left), y Gaby (back right)


Kristin and Whitney at our Swearing in!


The boys


The Girls


Christina and Kristin...We did it!! We're Volunteers!

No comments:

Post a Comment