Ecuador

Ecuador
Ecuador

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Napo: Where Am I?

So in the time that I've lived in Ecuador I don't know that I've blogged too much about the part of Ecuador I live in; who I live around; what they eat; and Kichwa culture.

Here we go!

First off I live in the Province of Napo in the Amazon (el Oriente) of Ecuador.  The capital of the Napo province is Tena, about 15 minutes south from where I live (Archidona).









(Photo below of Sangay, pronounced 'San-guy')
I am not the most travel savvy or adventurous .  Most of my vacations and traveling growing up consisted of family outings to Disney World or beach trips to the Atlantic, and the most I had seen of the jungle, great plains or desert consisted of what was shown to me on National Geographic, Animal Planet, or Planet Earth.  I can't say much but I can say this.... 
I live in a f***ing badass place...

Seriously, I have the Sumaco volcano towering over me from the north; the Sangay volcano to the south of me; the fingertips of the Andes mountains coming in to settle to the West; and to the East a vast expanse of rainforest filled with sounds, smells, textures, and emotions one could never imagine. 


It really is one of the most beautiful places in Ecuador...and dare I say it...On Earth?
(Photo above of the volcano Sumaco)

Ok well there is a little bit about where I am; what is around me; and what I see on a daily basis.  Next week...FOOD!!!  And pictured below is a sneak peek of some of the foods I'll be talking about....Enjoy!

YUMMY!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment