Ecuador

Ecuador
Ecuador

Saturday, December 18, 2010

My packing list, so far

Okay here's what I have so far for my packing list.  I know I'm going to add a few more things and there will be a few things on here that I will not take.  I'll up date this in a later post when I'm actually in Ecuador to see what was used and what wasn't. 
Also I can't believe Christmas is next week!  Where does the time go?  As of today I have 46 days till I leave for Ecuador!!

Packing List:
2 rolling duffel bags (totaling 107 inches or less)
medium sized backpack
small messenger bag
vacuum sealed bags
locks for bags
1 pair dress pants
3-4 nice shirts
1 dress (modest)
2-3 pairs capris
4 pairs work jeans
14+ pairs underwear
fleece jacket
rain jacket
work gloves
bathing suit
6-7 bras
skirts 2-3
running shoes
hiking boots
chacos
dress shoes (1 pair)
sunscreen (lots!)
Airborne
swiss army knife
toothpaste (with fluoride)
toothbrushes (2-3)
tampons
makeup
socks (5-6 pairs running and wool)
hats
Skin So Soft by Avon bug repellent
Nalgene bottle
Netbook computer
cross stitch patterns and hoop
Ipod
Ipod speakers/headphones
Digital camera
AA batteries
Shampoo/Condition to last 2-3 months
Soap (2-3 months)
Face wash/Moisturizer (2-3 months)
Books (2-3 paperbacks)
photos of family/friends
nail clippers
razors
SW radio (red cross)
journals
daily planner
aloe vera
markers
pens
pencils
duct tape
zip lock bags

Well there it is.  I haven't really started packing yet.  That will begin after Christmas.  Happy Holidays!!!

5 comments:

  1. You are totally way farther along than me. I started a packing list about three months ago but it's really incomplete. Just yesterday, I began piling stuff in the corner as I come across it in daily life... I figured it's a good way to pack because it's the stuff I truly use each day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good idea! I've got my bags out in my room and a few things are thrown in there but everything is really unorganized right now. My first goal is to get rid of all the junk in my room and garage. I have so much stuff it's ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. just a tip from a current volunteer in Ecuador- don´t bring too much sunscreen- Peace corps supplies that and bug repelant for free. and if you are a regular user of a blow dryer- I recomend bringing that. It´s so nice to have if you get placed in a cold site!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the tips! Sometimes I feel like I'm fumbling around in the dark with what to bring/not to bring. Are you currently in Ecuador? What program are you in? And do you have a blog? Thanks again! :)

    ReplyDelete