Ecuador

Ecuador
Ecuador

Sunday, January 9, 2011

24 Days Till I Depart For D.C.!!!

It's time for a PC update!  Earlier this week I received my staging info for our group's in-country orientation.  I'm in the Omnibus 105 training group!!!!! I called Sato and made my travel arrangements.  My flight leaves for D.C. early Wednesday morning (February 2nd) around 7 and I will be in D.C. at 9 am. My group will meet at a hotel in D.C. and we will have several intense hours of orientation about what's expected of us and what we should expect from PC and of course, how could I forget, all that awesome paperwork!!!

The next morning we have to check out of the hotel by 3:30 AM!!!!! Guess I'm not getting any sleep for those first few days.  Then on a plane to Quito!!! We will spend those first few days near PC headquarters getting vaccinated (yellow fever, hep B or A, rabies, the usual), oriented, and meeting the PC staff.  Then our host families will come meet us and take us to their homes.  I'm so excited and so nervous to meet my host family.  I'm not sure what to think or to expect from this experience with them.  I can only remain positive and just smile and laugh. 

Most of my packing is done.  I'm pretty sure I have all the clothes and things I need.  I'm just lacking some toiletries and a few other small things.  I've gotten almost all of my finances taken care of.  All that's left is packing up my house, moving back to Knoxville, and spending as much time as I can with my friends here in Murfreesboro.  I'll have a final packing list up in the next few weeks as well as pictures!!

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh!!! It's almost time! I might be walking around like a zombie those first couple of days - have to leave the day before at 3:30 a.m. to catch my flight to D.C.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like welcoming us to the PC with a bang! haha. I gues they figure we will sleep on the plane! Yeah right, I'm going to be wayyyyy to giddy to sleep! haha 24 freaking days!!!

    ReplyDelete