Ecuador

Ecuador
Ecuador

Saturday, January 15, 2011

How did I get here?

I cannot believe there are only 19 days left before I leave for D.C.!  The last few days I've been asking myself how did I get here so quickly?!  It feels like just last week I received my invitation and was having Thanksgiving with my family.  Time is such a weird thing. 

Anyway, yesterday was my last day at work.  It was full of mixed feelings.  I'm super stoked that I won't be waiting tables again....EVER!...but I'm so sad to be leaving my friends.  We are such a close knit group at work; it's going to be so strange not to see them for a few years.  I'm sad to be leaving some amazing people, but I'm so excited about the new friends I'm going to meet in my training group.  Omnibus 105 Wooo!!!!  One of the girls in my group started a Facebook group a few weeks back so we could start meeting each other and talk about PC things such as packing, flight info, PC issues, etc.  Everyone seems so great, I can't wait to meet them! 

These next two weeks are going to be crazy!  I have so much planned.  My sister is staying with me this weekend; I'm going to a slumber party tomorrow with a bunch of my girlfriends; I've got a couple of appointments to go to this week; I'm going to Chattanooga on Thursday with my friends Lin, Claire, and Allison; then Saturday my mom and her fiance are helping me move back to Knoxville.  Whew! 
I can't believe I'm going to be in Ecuador in less than 3 weeks!  This is going to be an incredible adventure!!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to meet all you guys too!!! Time really IS flying. I don't know what happened to it since I was invited too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when my countdown number was 48... and then I was thinking, "It's going to be weird when the countdown gets to the teens, that's so far away." Well, now it's here. And it came sooo fast! I'm so ready, yet so nervous! 105!!!

    ReplyDelete