Ecuador

Ecuador
Ecuador

Monday, January 10, 2011

Testing...1...2...3...

This evening I decided to do a packing test to see how much stuff I have, if it will all fit in my bags, and if I've hit my weight limit (now 100lbs).  It was surprisingly awesome!  When I had everything laid out I kept thinking "There is no way this is all going to fit and stay within my weight limit."  But it did, with room and weight to spare!! (Side note: I bought those space bags to put all my clothes in and they are amazing! I feel like I have so much more room then if I just threw all my clothes in my bags)  So far my bag weight is at 55 lbs with all my clothes, books, shoes, and a few other accessories.  I still need to add toiletries, sleeping bag, and some other odds and ends but I feel like I have a lot of wiggle room.  Phew!! One less thing to stress about. 

Changing subject we got about 4 inches of snow today!  I know for some of you that is something to laugh at but this is middle Tennessee and we freak out at the chance of flurries.  My boss called me this morning and told me that work would be closed all day today.  Woohoo! Unexpected surprise!  I was glad to have the day off but at the same time I really needed the money.  I only have 5 days of work left and I have got to make enough to pay bills, Josh, buy last minute items, and have a little travel money.  Come on tax return!!
Back to the snow, it was a good day.  Josh and I took Toby (our dog) for a walk, had a snow ball fight, made snow angels (Toby attempted to help with the angels) and made a huge mess of the yard.  All in all a good day! 

3 comments:

  1. Money is so annoying! I'm also at that last-minute crunch to afford everything (bills, travel money, etc.). Hope you enjoy the snow :) We're supposed to get something tonight and tomorrow up here in Chicagoland. I hope! They keep predicting snow right up to the point where the storm swerves around us.

    Did you have to use a vacuum to pack the space bags? I had those once and they were great, except when I had to move a second time I didn't have a vacuum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I did have to use a vacuum; which stinks because I'm not going to have access to one in Ecuador! I think what I'm going to do is keep the clothes that I'm going to use during our first few days in country out of the bags so I won't have to revacuum anything. I hope you get lots of snow! I love it when we get a good snow, I enjoy the cold more and it just feels so nice and peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seem to have more than enough room too, which is such a relief. I wish I could do that vacuum pack stuff. I'll have to look into it.

    ReplyDelete